From a Grateful Granddaughter to Her Loving Grandparents

 I know everyone feels the same but my grandparents have to be the best grandparents ever! Never once do I remember them refusing me anything that I asked for nor do I remember them chiding me for something wrong that I did. It was all love and some more. For loving me unconditionally since the moment I arrived in this world, I knew I had to do something grand for their upcoming anniversary that showed them that I loved them equally, if not more. Gifting them an item was out of the question as they never were into shiny clothes, shoes, or the latest gizmos. It had to be something meaningful which they would cherish all their lives. So, I decided to send them on a holiday.  

I made my plans known to my mom because I wanted to be sure if they will actually go on a holiday. Mom suggested to send them to nice resort near Mumbai as it would be painstaking for them to travel anywhere far. And with that, I began my search for nice family resort in Alibaug as dad mentioned that it was my grandpa’s favorite place. 



With all the bookings done, it was now time for the surprise to be revealed. Keep in mind that my grandparents’ anniversary was in January so this was before the pandemic scare. Although it was a surprise for them, it was me who was feeling excited and nervous. Excited because this was the first-ever gift I was going to give to my grandparents that was completely bought with my own money. And nervous because there was a high-chance that they will turn down the offer for a holiday. It was all based on my persuasion skills.  


Thankfully, they accepted, albeit reluctantly and after much convincing by mom and dad. As soon as grandma heard Alibaug, she enquired whether it was a white sand beach resort as it was always her dream to stay at one. Without missing a beat, I assured her that it indeed was. Grandpa very cheekily commented that they could renew their vows at the resort since Alibaug very recently has been a hotspot for destination beach weddings. Grandma quickly rebuked him and that was it for grandpa’s dreams of getting remarried at the beach.  





Grandma wanted her sister and her husband to join them on this trip as well as the resort is near Pune but was met with sharp resistance by both me and grandpa. He wanted to spend as much alone time as he could with grandma and so did I. That was the entire point of this trip and after a few minutes of convincing, granny finally shared our viewpoint. 


But this entire surprise wouldn’t have been possible without the amazing people at Prakruti Resorts. When I contacted them and told them about my grandparents coming over for a holiday, they offered me a special senior citizen discount which was generous. I was able to book their most lavish room at a very reasonable price and was kind of tempted to book one for me and my boyfriend as well. They also curated an itinerary for their 3-day trip which included sightseeing, fun activities with other guests, and a local food tasting trip across the town.  

 

Grandpa and grandma kept sending me pictures of every place they visited and every food they ate. It was as if the clock had turned back on their ages and they were living their lives all over again. To see them this happy in ages was a feeling that I was absolutely not ready for. And all thanks to the wonderful staff at Prakruti Resorts who not only showed them a great time but also looked after them. If you too are planning a gift for your grandparents or your parents, trust me, you can never go wrong with a trip to Prakruti Resorts.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 travel packing hacks

Why 2021 Will be an Important Year for Resorts near Mumbai & Pune

Enjoy an Extravagant Vacation at Luxurious Resorts in Alibaug - Prakruti Resorts